Author Topic: Will The Notebook Include Numeric Keypad?  (Read 495 times)

In_Correct

• View Profile
Will The Notebook Include Numeric Keypad?
« on: May 17, 2015, 08:49:19 AM »
I request notebook contains "full sized" built in internal keyboard equipped with numeric keypad. Also, a wide screen monitor is nice. Along with other common features such as built in SD slot, etc. Thanks. :)

feeef

• View Profile
Re: Will The Notebook Include Numeric Keypad?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 09:44:56 AM »
A numeric keypad is nice to have indeed and it can be present as the current specs define a 15" laptop. Although, this will depend on which case will be used at the end.

jgospodaric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 10:46:09 PM »
From my point of view numeric keyboard is only useful only for some kind of people who needs to enter lots of numbers every day e.g.  accountants. I think they are not in first target group :D

From my point of view focus is first on IT professionals and students and they can live without numeric keypad.

Instead choosing 15'', because in that case numeric keyboard is option, maybe is better way to go with 13''  display size and drop any possibility  for numeric keyboard.

rabidz7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 06:21:12 PM »
I request notebook contains "full sized" built in internal keyboard equipped with numeric keypad. Also, a wide screen monitor is nice. Along with other common features such as built in SD slot, etc. Thanks. :)

Why would you want a wide screen? 4:3 is WAY better than a small TV strapped to the laptop.

jgospodaric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 09:42:36 PM »
6:9 is selected  only because of today standard and lower costs compared to 4:3.  This project currently needs to follow whats  most common on market to reduce costs and bring first product as soon as possible.

4:3 is same as non "island" style keyboard, I agree 4:3 is cool but I doubt it will ever come back, same as "island" style keyboard will be replaced again with old style key edge by edge..

We can all suggest what we want to see in computer from this project, we can propose butterfly-keyboard but it will only postpone  first product release. We should concentrate on what is useful and achievable. from currently standard components on market with being aware of  cost of that same things.   

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19