Author Topic: Donation campaign goal and feedback  (Read 177 times)

frank.woo

• View Profile
Donation campaign goal and feedback
« on: July 02, 2017, 10:13:10 PM »
I read several comments about the campaign and here are some suggestions to make it more attractive (this one and/or the next ones).

A donation campaign like on Kickstarter and others offer a counterpart i.e. you give money and at the end you get something in return.

Right now the PPC campaign may be received more like "you give and get nothing in return" i.e. nothing you can use as a simple user. Schematics and gerber files cannot be used by users! Thus I believe it is important to do a campaign with prizes in order to better motivate people to donate.

For a campaign with prizes we have several solutions:
- use small pledges with some goodies (customized laptop bags, mousepads, ...)
- we can do what has never been done before: someone can pledge multiple times. Every pledge will be added to a personal account. When the laptop will be ready for sale (so its price will be known) the user will get the laptop if he pledged more than its price, or will be asked to complete the pledge with the difference.
- we can have a full-cost pledge, when the price will be known i.e. if it costs 1500 euros, the pledge will be of 1500 euros.
--
Frank
China

robyinno

• Roberto Innocenti
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnu/Linux PowerPC notebook
Re: Donation campaign goal and feedback
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 12:33:43 PM »
As already published on the Donation Campaign page

Power Progress Community is a nonprofit organization established in Italy.
The Italian law allow to collect liberal and not refundable donations meant to pursue the missions and projects of the association and not give back products so Donations are liberal and not refundable.

Restrictions for a nonprofit associations in Italy

An organization like ours has to take into account the following constraints:

A nonprofit association cannot make commercial products;
    The association can receive donations, but cannot refund them;
    The association must be coherent with its mission, and is allowed to ask for donations for their achieving the goals.

So, what we can do to start our project is based on the points below:

The association can have particular goal to reach and ask donation to achieve it, but it cannot give back the money (no refunds).
    Donation must be altruist so, no one will receive something back for their donation.
    Italian law allows an association to finance an R&D for a project or activity.

What will happen in the worst case scenario
In the worst case scenario we will propose and vote with all donors on how to use the collected funds, with the only constraint that the new goal must be coherent with the association mission.
As the mission of the association is decided by its members, a potential donor might want to join Power Progress Community by paying the yearly membership fee.

I read several comments about the campaign and here are some suggestions to make it more attractive (this one and/or the next ones).

A donation campaign like on Kickstarter and others offer a counterpart i.e. you give money and at the end you get something in return.

Right now the PPC campaign may be received more like "you give and get nothing in return" i.e. nothing you can use as a simple user. Schematics and gerber files cannot be used by users! Thus I believe it is important to do a campaign with prizes in order to better motivate people to donate.

For a campaign with prizes we have several solutions:
- use small pledges with some goodies (customized laptop bags, mousepads, ...)
- we can do what has never been done before: someone can pledge multiple times. Every pledge will be added to a personal account. When the laptop will be ready for sale (so its price will be known) the user will get the laptop if he pledged more than its price, or will be asked to complete the pledge with the difference.
- we can have a full-cost pledge, when the price will be known i.e. if it costs 1500 euros, the pledge will be of 1500 euros.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 12:36:54 PM by robyinno »
Roberto Innocenti

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19