Author Topic: Presentation of new users  (Read 507 times)

• View Profile
Presentation of new users
« on: January 12, 2015, 06:29:08 PM »
I think a default thread for presenting new users is necessary on any forum. So I starting presenting myself.

I am Raffaele from Naples, Italy.

I am MorphOS user and my area of interest is Amiga.

We in amigaland follow with interest this project.

Our platforms are very old and starting feeling bad their age.

Amiga Classic computers were from 1992-94 and their PPC expansion cards featured old PPC603 and 604 clocked from 120 to 200 MHz. Not anymore suitable for serious computing.

AmigaOnes are of 2001 sporting PPC family clocked at 800 MHz.

Pegasos computers are from 2003-2005 and have PPC G3 at 600 MHz or G4 7447 at 1 Ghz.

Italian motherboards SAM 440 thru 460 are the most recent ones at speeds from 800 to 1 GHz with processors from MPC.

AmigaOne X-1000 are the most advanced. Equipped with PA-Semi PWRFicient at 64 bits are intented as development motherboards and are very expensive.
also Apple bought PA-Semi and decided to cease PWRficient PPC compatible manufactory line of processors, so only a limited number of X1000 could be produced.

MorphOS team decided to run their OS rven on old PPC Apple MacMinid IBooks and Powerbooks with ATI Radeon grsphic cards, but Apple dismissed PPCs in 2005.

To keep alive our operating system of reference then we will be soon forced to migrate to Intel or ARM architecture or look and help new open source hardware PPC projects like yours.

So then we are here for cooperate.
I am here for scouting about this open laptop project and to say "Good Idea" and "Good luck"!

Amiga community is famous on internet for their fund bounties to finance software development. We will sure help as individuals for good new PPC hardware.

"Think" Bill Gates. "Think different" Steve Jobs.

Stop blabber thinking and Enjoy computing. You are on Amiga!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Presentation of new users
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 10:11:05 PM »

• View Profile
Re: Presentation of new users
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 06:14:26 AM »
Hi there,
This is Bill aka salaxi54 from Athens Greece. An Amigan since 1986, have/had in my possesion almost every model of the Amiga computer. As many other Amiga users, i am looking forward to the progress of this project.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19